*** Spring Training is full and will be offered again in the fall**
Direct Service Advocacy Training
The State of Oregon requires that Direct Services Volunteers attend a 35 Hour Advocacy Training. Saving Grace provides a 40-hr training in the Spring and Fall each year. The training costs $75 with a one year volunteer commitment. A limited number of scholarships are available and a scholarship application must be submitted in order to be considered. Those seeking the training for personal or professional purposes and who do not intend to volunteer with Saving Grace will be charged the full cost of the training, $150.
Direct Services include:
- Provide a supportive, listening ear. Answer calls on our crisis line.
- Empower others. Become a Support Group Facilitator.
- Work with shelter residents, either one-on-one or as a group, as a Shelter Mentor.
- Be there for someone in crisis. Sign up to be a member of our Hospital Response Team.
- Mentor children individually or in groups. Get involved in the Children's Program.
- Guide someone through a difficult process, volunteer as a Court Advocate.
- Speak out against violence. Get involved in violence prevention as a School Presenter.
The next Advocacy Training dates are March and April 2018:
- Saturday, March 17th - 9 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday, March 20th - 5:30 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday, March 22nd - 6 pm - 9 pm
- Spring Break Week off -
- Tuesday, April 3rd - 5:30 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday, April 5th - 5:30 - 9 pm
- Saturday, April 7th - 9 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday, April 10th - 6 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday, April 1th 6 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday, April 12th - 9 am - 4 pm
Specialized in-depth training for specific direct services are available in addition to current volunteers and to those participating in the training.
People interested in becoming Administrative Volunteers are invited to attend the entire 40 hour training if they so desire. However Administrative Volunteers are only required to attend a shorter training of two hours.
Please feel free to tell people about the training and give them these dates. Emma is happy to talk with anyone that may be interested or who has questions. Interested? Please contact Melissa Roma at email@example.com or by phone 541-815-5850 and fill out our Volunteer Application.